Nothing very interesting, although one spam account has me down as male. I guess if someone called Diana were, that would be a failure of something, but as it might be sex-based filing of children, I’d be OK with that failure.
I tore apart the head on Itchy today, to start the rebuild. I want to have the plate that’s attached to the gantry, and then the plate that arbitrary heads attach to. Between those I’ll have the linear bearings, and if I stand the bearings off a little from the gantry plate, I’ll have room to put the lead screw down between them. In the course of this, I became a lot better at putting 0.5mm balls back into the linear bearing. I also got really good at cutting the same part several times and forgetting the changes I had mad and failing to update files properly. Then I remembered to eat.
Then I realised it was 9pm and went home. Fuckit, life’s too short for sleep anyhow.
I’ve replaced the head on the 3D printer. Mechanically, it’s all fine. Physically, it looks good. There’s a bit of wobble, but that’s a matter I can deal with trivially with shims.
Now I need to flash new firmware. Probably not using a .hex file – I should be able to expand the Arduino environment a bit. So listen out for sobbing.