Fixing a glue bottle

The gorilla glue at Makespace has lost its cap. I took off the top to find out why it wasn’t squeezing, and found there was a perfect cast of the cap inside, and then a layer of half-set glue that was not letting anything fresh past.

I cut off a bit of steel from our stock, that’s about the right diameter, and I used a hammer to flare the ends. (Tap relatively gently, but with a stroke that goes outwards and down from the centre, going round slowly. You’ll end up with something that looks a bit like a pathetic nail.)

I expect this to last about a day before someone gums up everything.