Minimal task list to have a working plotter machine that doesn’t tear itself apart
- Make all screw-driven axes have drive that’s at the same level as the drive screw. Looking at you, Y axis.
- Metal X axis termination for motor mount, including lower brace
- Extend and route wiring through cable track (motors and limit switches)
- Build platen for flat things to sit on while the head moves
- Y axis anti-backlash nut
- Take up slack on X axis belt
- Duct tape Sharpie to machine head
I can dodge some of these things. I don’t need to rebuild the motor mount unless it starts to fall apart. I could move the limits of the machine away from the Y axis motor. But, to make it be the version 1 that I want, it needs to have those things done.