Google’s search API is deprecated. For image searching, I used the Google Python CSE API client. That meant setting up my own custom search engine. For a perplexing long time I couldn’t get any decent results out of it, but then I blanked out the list of sites in which to search (I had google.com and nothing else) and, importantly, found a dropdown menu that gave me the option of searching elsewhere. So now I’m finding 0 results from my first tier non-sites, and then all the results that google can give me, from the second tier. It’s a strange way of doing it, and I couldn’t find it in any of the docs, but that’s how I did it.