I’m trying to use a Raspberry Pi 3 and camera for motion sensing and recording. Here’s how I’ve got on so far:
- Arch: Didn’t fucking work. motion started and kept dying. Power throttling killed the SD card.
- Jessie Lite after buying a new SD card: wpa_supplicant didn’t fucking work.
- Jessie Lite after three hours dealing with wpa_supplicant: motion didn’t fucking work.
- MotionEyeOS: Required wired network to start for the first time. Walked back and forth between screens a lot. Can only alter root password through web interface. Weirdest fucking distro I have ever seen.
- MotionEyeOS with a set-up script: May actually have fucking worked.
ETA: It fucking worked!